Disability Justice takes our commitment to our clients seriously. As we continue to provide exceptional representation in the courtroom, we also fight for our clients’ rights in the political arena too. We want to ensure a strong future for Social Security.
Our political initiatives for Social Security
There are many false reports that Social Security disability is a welfare program or a handout. This is simply not true. We have taken steps to fight these untrue statements that have clouded some media such as:
- emailing partner organizations with the key information they need to know,
- attending discussions with top political leaders,
- writing letters to various lawmakers urging them to make a change, and
- creating a petition to help end delays within the Social Security administration.
Every voice makes a difference
You can be part of our political initiatives too. Stand with us by contacting your elected representatives and reminding them of two key things:
- Social Security is an insurance policy you’ve paid for and deserve to receive if you cannot work because of a disability.
- Lawmakers are responsible for helping to end delays within the system to ensure that people receive their benefits.
Make your voice heard! Find your Congress members’ contact information
- Simply enter your address
- Select the members you wish to contact
- Write your message or simply copy and paste one of the letters below.
Frustrated about delays in Social Security?
Click here to download a letter to send to your elected officials. Let them know how these delays in processing your Social Security disability application or appeal is impacting your life.
Urge your representative to vote to prevent benefit cuts in 2016
Click here to download a letter to send to your elected officials. Let them know how important Social Security disability is to you and how you hope to see it protected beyond 2022.
Support the One Social Security Act H.R.3150 to help protect your benefits
Congressman Xavier Becerra from California introduced the One Social Security Act H.R.3150 as a solution to the nearly 20 percent benefit cut threatening Social Security Disability Insurance next year.
Contact your State Representative and urge them to support Congressman Becerra’s One Social Security Act H.R.3150. Click here to find your State Representative’s contact information. Enter your zip code and click on any or all of the Representative’s names to locate their websites and contact information. Click here to download a letter to send to your Representative.
Our petition with the National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare
Disability Justice has teamed up with the National committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare to create a petition urging politicians to vote “NO” on any legislation that aims to reduce Social Security benefits.
You have a personal stake in this matter. Make sure your voice is heard,
Need Help with your Disability Claim?
Complete this short form and we'll contact you right away to discuss your claim.